What the**** is that

Dandre

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2010
louisiana
Theres tiny black worms burrowing in my gravel. What is that. They seem to have come right when I added my plant, should I get a betta to eat it. I think it is a parasite, also is there any way I could show a picture of it.

Aug 16, 2009
SW Pennsylvania
Do you even know what a parasite is? Parasites kill fish and if it is a parasite, then you are massacring a betta to get rid of it. Do not get a betta. You brought this problem on yourself so you should take care of it. Where did you get your soil? It is likely worms that were in the soil before you added it. What other fish are in the tank? How large is the tank?

jingles

Medium Fish
Jan 28, 2009
Auburn, AL
Is it planarian(tiny flatworms)? If the "worm" is visible and easy to spot, then for the most part I'd say that it probably isn't a parasite. Better to be safe than sorry though. So get a picture up. Most likely you're just gonna have to clean your gravel to get them out.

Dandre

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2010
louisiana
What question? Also along with small black worms about a centimeter long, there is also a stick looking thing about a inch long that burrows in and out of my gravel,what is that. I would love to send a picture but I dont know how.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2009
SW Pennsylvania
All the questions we've ever asked. You usually don't reply. Also, you make a lot of threads and not everyone reads them all so it is difficult to help. It would help if you gave more information or at least had the inhabitants and size of your tank in your signature. What kind of plant did you add and where did you get this plant from? A pet store? A local pond?