what will eat this algae?

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
after the pod crawling on my arm and seeing those jumbo pods, i dont think im ready to put it all out by hand, mybe put a baggy over my hand and pull it out.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
If at all possible pull the rock from the tank (unless it will disrupt alot of the tank or other rockwork) and put it in a bucket with tank water. Then you can clean the rock in the bucket and not worry about scraps comming off and staying in the tank.

Or as Ares said before an Emerald.. He DESTROYED a valley of hair algae I had and then moved on for more- he was a machine

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
the rock is on the left side and is the main part that keeps the rockwork up. the emerald sounds like a good idea to me.

Does it matter on the size or do all of them eat tons of algae?

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
just get the size you want there all gonna eat algae lol. You may want to get the biggest one possible to give him as long as possible in the tank with the mantis.

Havent you added a emerald before and it was for food?

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
this is for the ten gallon, the mantis is in the six, the last emerald was food, he finaly got the crab pinned against a wall and beat it to death, it was smart of the mantis to take the claws of though.