What would you do?

I cant handle all my friends asking me to take fish. I have no more room and or tanks. My friend has an Angel that he had in a 5g!!!!!My ex best friend wants me to take an oscar, he says 10g is big enough :eek: !!!!!!!! What would you guys say/do? I cant take these fish and give them an improper home but I dont want to have them being flushed down a toilet. Its been horrible how many calls I been getting asking me to take their fish!!!

Thanks for any replies. I just dont want to put fish through a harsh life!!!

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
If they come with a tank that is big enough I would take them. I would pass on the Oscar, they get way to big.

This is what you can do. Ask a LFS if they will take to Oscar. If they will, get both fish Give the Oscar to the LFS and put the Angel in the 10G for now. It will out grow it but it is better then the 5G. Then you end up with ax extra 5G tank. It is just a thought.

MAHA

Well the Oscar and the Angel are only 2 fish. I can say no to the others. They wont give me the tanks. 1 is turning the 5g into a fire bellied toad tank. Te oscar was a fish he dont like anymore and the size is too big. No way I can get it to capitol aquarium at a size of 15"!!! If I take the angel would I have probs with the Cons and the Angel??? I just want to keep everything right without having such a mess of a tank!!! The angel is about 2 inches of body right now!!

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
I would tell them that I cant take them with out the tanks. It is a hard to tell a friend no. I think that the Cons are enough for the 10G tank. I would see if you can get a bigger tank. I still dont know if it would be safe to mix the Cons and an Angel. Check on Craigslist to see what you can find.

MAHA

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
Hmmm, That is a hard one. I would get the sunday paper and see if there are any tanks in it. I found a nice corner tank in the one here a couple of months ago. Was in the process of moving so I didnt get it. I would ask you Mom to un-block the site so you can provide a better life for the fish.

MAHA

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
I guess you need to show her that fosh need bigger tanks. Yes at the Store FIsh are in smaller tanks. At a store Dogs are kept in a 2X2 Ft Cage is it meant ot be that way? Same with Birds, Yes you can keep them in a Cage all day, but they like to be albe to fly around.

I guess you need to explain it to her that they need more room. If you have to show her the fish profile on MFT and Liveaquaria. It will show that more room is needed.

MAHA

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
I dont know. I would pass on all fish from friends from now on. It sounds mean but lotus has a point use mom as the way out. I know you want to help but until you can support your habit, it is in best interest of all (Fish and You) to pass. If some one was giving you a bigger tank that wasnt stocked I would take it.

MAHA

Mahamotorworks said:
I dont know. I would pass on all fish from friends from now on. It sounds mean but lotus has a point use mom as the way out. I know you want to help but until you can support your habit, it is in best interest of all (Fish and You) to pass. If some one was giving you a bigger tank that wasnt stocked I would take it.

MAHA
I just did say no to everyone. They called up and I snapped on them! They kept asking and we got in a fight.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
If they think they can get a 15" oscar to you, why can't they get it to the store? Let your friends return them to the store, maybe that way they'll figure out they should look into fish before they get them...