What would you name him?

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
I know I ask you guy this question a lot on this thread, but I need a little help naming my new betta. I like to name them so that I don't have to call them "that betta" or "the betta on my desk." I also like to name them according to their personalities or their colors. This fellow I'm having a hard time with though. I really love his colors, they're so unique. As far as his personality goes, my other betta, Kashet (named after a dragon in a book I've read), is bigger and acts tougher than him. They both like to come and see me when I'm by their tanks. If you have ANY suggestions for him I'd appreciate them. I thought of calling him Spot because of his spots on his bottom fin, but that just sounds too silly. Then again, if you think that would be a great name for him I might change my mind. Thanks for looking and bearing with me age old question. Here are some pics of my new betta. Please excuse water spots.

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
It might be difficult for me to tell based on the pic/lighting, but to me it appears as though he's got a darker color to his body...almost black...or am I way off? Either way, the darker scales on the sides of his body remind me of a cobra, so that's what I'd name him...'Cobra'! ;)

BV

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
He's not that dark when you are just looking at him, I would say if you just look at him, he looks to be kind of a blackish grey (kind of like the top of his head, but slightly darker) with the colors that you see on his body showing through here and there. His fins however look just like what you see. Light red with a bit of blue and a bit spotted. Cobra's a nice suggestion though, I thank you BV. Any other suggestions?

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
Thanks for the suggestions FishGeek and TabMorte. I like to have a little bit of a similar theme in naming my bettas too. In the past all my females were named after characters in the story I was writing. Males usually got a tough name for their tough personalities. I would like a dragon name for this fellow. There was one from the same book, but I don't know if it fits. The dragon's name was Avatre meaning fire of the dawn (or at least that's what it meant in the book). What do you think? I was going to go look through my book for other dragon names if I didn't find a name here. Thanks again and I'm still taking suggestions.

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
I was just guessing. I don't know that I've ever heard of that car. Maybe I have, I don't know. I'm not that crazy about cars. I'm not going to decide yet, I would like a few more suggestions before I make my choice, although Fiero is certainly one of the top choices.

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
Okay, Feiro it is. He's a little sick now though.:( He's got a bit a fin rot and I'm wondering if he's gone blind. I'm treating him with Melafix.