What wrasse?

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
I'm finding those wrasse very interesting. My LFS has a load of 'em, many species. I would like to get one that doesn't nip softies or harass other fishies. I already banned the cleaner wrasse and unfortunately the beautifull six line. I have a false perc, a firefish, and a big yellow tang. Someone has expererienced wrasses before ? I don't have a clue about most of 'em

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
i have a green corris wrasse, that is really cool. Neat swimming patterns, really friendly to other tank mates and corals, sleeps in the sand he's really one of my favorites. I also like the yellow corris wrasse. Sounds like a perfect addition for ya

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
i've seen some fighting, picking little fishies . Also my friend had some and it was a nightmare in his tank. They can't all be bad, but just the idea of getting a six line wrasse out of my tank reminds me that i had damsels removed...and all the rocks too.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
yep! He's a big boy, my tang tried to trash it, but after futiles attempts, the bully stopped. After like 5 secs in the tank, the sleeper goby already was eating the sand and spreading it everywhere. Already sleeping with his new pal, the firefish. I tough it would be problematic since they have the same shape.
Man this is fast. The firefish took 3 weeks of acclimatation..this one is just fine. I took a healthy looking fish and active. There were bigger, fatter ones but they were sharing the tank with a diseased angel. This one was alone in another. The only negative thing i noticed is that this sleeper goby is crapping a lot. Oxygenating/cleaning the sand vs crap a lot..