What's a good size tank for sump/refugium?

jceli728

Small Fish
Oct 7, 2005
hopatcong, nj
Thanks everyone for all the help. i have just got my new 72 bowfront reef ready tank and want to start puting it together. i want to built a sump/refugium. What size tank should i use? (in gallons). I curently have a 20g and 10g x 2. will any of them be good? i will apreciate all sugestions. I plan to use a Mag Drive 9.5 as a return pump.

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
I have a 29 g sump/refugium for my 80g. It works well, holds all my equipment (heaters, skimmer, UV, phosphate reactor) about 20 g of water, a DSB, and macro algaes....ohh yeah and a scooter blenny and a buch os snails and crabs. I could get you some pics if you want. But it wont really help you to build it. If you want to I could walk you thru the steps on how i did my 29g. I was quite confused at first and there doesnt seem to be many descent diagrams on the net, alot of pics though. But the bigger the tank you can use is what i would definetly do, I wish mine was a 55g.

jceli728

Small Fish
Oct 7, 2005
hopatcong, nj
thanks everyone, jammerz i will appreciate if u cfould get me some pics or give me the steps that i should follow in building mine sump/refugium. if u could post them here it will be nnice or let me know if u want my email.

i did alot of reserch and like u said there isn't alot of info outhere on how to make one. i found loats of pictures and i was going to go off that.