What's going on?

Aug 30, 2006
I have a 20 gallon tank, I feed my fish at least once a day. Buying Guppies probally wasn't the best Idea...I bought 7 at once and added them straight into the tank. (Which I now know you never do). Anyways it's been and the one's that survived the first mistake are now starting to die. (About one every five days. I noticed that the one that died today looked like it had been eaten by another fish. His stomach was almost gone. After looking at some of the other guppies, I noticed there tails have been chewed on. (Or at least looks that way).

I never seen any of the fish act aggressive towards one another...

2 Back skirt tetras
2 White skirt tetras
3 red eye tetras
3 Orange/ Black Tetras
3 Guppies left

Any ideas of what's going on?

homebunnyj

Superstar Fish
Jul 13, 2005
Western NC
My money's on the bs & ws tetras. Nippy lil buggers... at least in my tank. IDK about the other types of tetras.
How are your water parameters? (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)?

Mom2Angel

Medium Fish
Aug 27, 2006
CA
yep, my BS and WS are really nippy...so bad the have gone into a tank by themselves. I had guppies that all died as well...I gave up on them.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
I never have any luck with guppies and other fish together. I seriously think you need to put guppies in by themselves...they aren't very fast or aggressive and the other fish tend to nip at their pretty tails...:(