whats up with my leather/ new pics

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
my leather has been closed up for two days and has a greenish purplish patch on the top right. all parameters are good havent done anything new any ideas?

here is the pulsing xenia i like it its cruising along to growing well

these green button polyps have been growing alot better since i put them nearer the bottom of the tank

a brain coral, my camera doesnt do it much justice....

frogspawn is doing well

side shot, cant get the powerhead to stick so i wedged it behind rocks for now, i really want to do some more things as far as aquascaping on the left side but i like that cave and so do the fish any ideas of something i could do and still keep that cave?

i really need a new camera.... *SUPERSMIL

Last edited:

Chuck Nasty

Medium Fish
Apr 21, 2005
Houston Texas
Well i had alot of leather and i added kick ich to my tank one time and it killed it.Thats what my leather was looking like and it never came back.So i say give it another week and if it still looks bad i say just take it out..

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
How long has the leather been in the tank? I would try to move it into a postion were it will get better light, as it gets most of it's nutritional requirement through Photosynthesis. How is the water flow around it to high or to low?

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
just a couple of comments:
1) I keep my magfloat in the tank at all times--it is beginning to be covered by gorgeous pink coralline algae :)
2) I would not recommend adding anything to the water that you can't test for (iodine, strontium, etc)....in most salt brands, this is already there for you
3) nice tank--a little bare (mine too) but the corals look great...I love the CBB and hope it gets along with your tasty coral polyps
4) your leather is definetly showing displeasure...could it be some sort of chemical burn? who knows, maybe it will pull through--leathers are freakin tough

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
yeah that leather has been i nthere for 6 months. I t did this once when i moved it to another tank to rebuild this one with sump/ref. but it pulled out as soon as it got back in this tank. I haven't added any chemical i dont dose (yet). I did do a water change but the leather was already goin south....whats the probablity that my leather could just up and die, without being provoked?

and yes i always keep my magfloat in the tank..

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Looks like to like it's just rotting. Poor flow allowing detritus to settle there? Move it to a better location, and maybe cut out the rubbish out. Has the trigger nipped it?

I would try to get some xenia or green star polyps setled on the top of the cave so they jsut grow and cover it in a mass of polyps.