littlea8

Small Fish
Feb 28, 2009
Okay so I have a 46 gallon bowfront aquarium. Currently I have:

2 Clownfish
1 Yellow Tang
1 Flame Angel
1 Green Chromis

I was looking to get a blue regal tang and possibly a different angelfish. Are these compatible and do I still have more room for fish or should I stop stocking my aquarium?

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
First off you shouldn't even have a yellow tang in there.. They need AT least a 75g at the smallest! A blue regal def. needs a larger tank, and your really only supposed to have 1 angel fish b/c they will fight.. So IMO I would say def. no more fish and get rid of the tang then you could add another small fish or 2

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
definitly no more tangs and i agree get rid of the one you have to make room for a few smaller fish! i have a regal blue tang that is nearly 8" so definitly not compatable in that small of a tank :p

littlea8

Small Fish
Feb 28, 2009
ya I don't want to overstock...I really just wanted to add one more fish like a regal tang or a blue neon goby maybe something small...many people told me the yellow tang shouldn't even be in my tank when my LFS said it would be fine so that's why I'm so confused...to me it looks like there's a lot of space but then again I'm a beginner..would it be pushing it to add a small blue neon goby?

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
You have to think about it as the LFS is out to make money they will tell you just about anything to make a sale! I wouldn't add anymore fish with that tang in there if it were me..