Where do pet store Bettas come from?

Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
I was curious if anyone knew where pet shops get their Bettas from? Just wondering if the breeders are within the states or maybe shipped from Thailand. I've always wondered about this.:confused:

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
That has some basis in fact. In the wild bettas live in small waterholes, puddles, ditches, small water bodies, etc in some pretty deplorable conditions, and they arent exactly designed for swimming around a whole lot, (long fancy fins) but that depends on the individual.

Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
Idiots

From that Breedersite:

Bettas do fine in these cups. They eat well and actually do better in cups and fish bowls, when given proper care, than they do in most aquariums. Bettas are the best fish for small containers.

:eek: :eek:

Yeah sure, that's why about all the Bettas I see in LFS look like they are ready to die from depression or swirling back and forth from going cup crazy:mad:

tbahal

New Fish
Mar 17, 2006
*GOLDFISH* I want to move my Betta from a bowl to a 3-5 gallon tank and I prefer an acrylic tank because I dont want to risk with brocken tanks. Any of you have a good recommendation for brand name and particular store? I live in the Los Angeles Area.

Thanks *GOLDFISH* *GOLDFISH*

MOsborne05

Superstar Fish
Oct 3, 2005
Gibsonburg, OH
I don't like that site anyways, I didn't have a very good experience with them :(

Stay away from the Mini-Bow's with the undergravel filter, they are really loud. IMO, an Eclipse 3 gallon would be the best. It probably cost a little more but its worth it to get the bio-wheel filtration.