Where do u guys get ur Sw fish/rocks?

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Im going to be starting my first SW tank ( 55 gal ) in a few weeks and have been looking for awhile and i really haven't found a place that sells alot of Sw anything! i live in northeast Ohio.. the petsmart around me really don't have much and im just woundering where u guys got yor fish/rocks at.. any help would be great! thanks..
~ Jim

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
If you need a lot of rock (and you will with a 55g), it's usually much cheaper to order it online and pay the shipping. It will still need to cycle a bit when you get it, since it'll have some die-off with the shipping.

I get my SW fish from local stores, which doesn't help you in Ohio. You'll have much better luck and selection if you can find somewhere that isn't a chain that sells SW fish (like not Petco). There should be a store somewhere around you, you can try superpages.com to look up aquarium stores within a certain distance of you. You can also get fish shipped from places like liveaquaria.com and quite a few others, but it runs around $30 for shipping and you need to add fish slowly, so you'd have to pay shipping for every 1-2 fish.