where to find a 37 gallon aquarium

Jun 15, 2006
Very basic beginner question... acquiring the box itself.

I am registering for wedding gifts and we have decided to do our first large aquarium. (My first in a long time).

We have a Marineland Eclipse 3 Hood, and are looking for a 37 gallon tank. Does anyone know somewhere on the internet OR in a national chain that such an aquarium might be available? Acrylic would be better than glass, but either would do.

Thanks!

eah

Small Fish
Jun 4, 2006
Mass
It never hurts to try craigslist.com in your city -- you might luck out and find someone trying to get rid of theirs for really cheap. If you do decide to go there, search for "fish tank" in addition to searching for "aquarium". Of course, I hear there can be significant drawbacks to getting a used tank, but I got my 29 gallon used (with a hood and light) for only $40 and haven't had a problem.

Good luck finding something.

Feb 18, 2006
WA state
The Eclipse III hood fits any 30" long aquarium...so standard sizes would be 20-long, 29-reg, or 37-reg. The hood's filter is only rated at 250-gph though, so it may be better to get something smaller than 37-gal.

PetSmart also carries a 30-gal SeaClear Acrylic aquarium that specifically fits the Eclipse III hood.

I'm guessing you want a new tank, since you're registering for wedding gifts. Otherwise, you could go with used...but if it's a gift, then new! :)