Where to get a furniture quality stand?

Apr 5, 2006
Edgewater, Maryland
Hello! I am a new member to this awesome community, and I am in dire need of some help...

I have gotten my wife to agree to a 55g or even a 75g tank in the house. I guess that was the hard part! My problem now is finding what I would call a "furniture quality" tank stand and perhaps canopy. We went to Petco and Petsmart, and there were some nice tanks, but the stands and canopies were a little cheap and cheesy looking.

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a website, or perhaps an aquarium store in the Baltimore, MD or Washington, DC metro area that deals in high quality wooden stands and/or cabinets for tanks. I have a large enough truck for pickup. Money isn't really an issue, as long as it doesn't get ridiculous.

Thank you so much! I cannot wait to get into this hobby!
Brice

Apr 5, 2006
Edgewater, Maryland
I decided to go with the Honey Oak stand from one of the sites you recommended, the one with "Doctor" in the web address. I am headed up to Aquarium Center tomorrow morning, and if they do not have something that looks a little nicer, I will go ahead and order it.

Thanks again, and for certain, I will post pictures when I get the tank set up, and then pictures after I add fish after the fishless cycle I have chosen to do. Gotta say I wanna do it the right way without harming any fish.

If it weren't for this site, I would have bought a 20 gallon, and added 3 dozen fish the first day. In about a week, I learned the nitrogen cycle to a tee, the art of cycling a tank, the 1 inch per gallon rule, the importanc3e of lighting per gallon, bacteria, substrate, aggressive vs. community, and the list goes on. Good thing this forum exists. If it didn't, I would have likely bought a bunch of expensive pretty fish from the LFS and watched them die a few days later, and then abandoned the hobby because of those "stupid fish".

Thanks for all the help! Now I KNOW I can have a nice tank while doing it right.

Brice