which tank brand should I choose?

Apr 11, 2006
Ok guys, I found three 46gal bowfront brands of tank that are relatively the same price, each one of them runs for around $300. Due to the limited space I have, I could only upgrade from a 20gal to a 46gal, I don't know if the brand matter, I thought it may. I have a 46gal bowfront perfecto, oceanic, and all glass aquarium in mind, which brand is best for the bucks? I am using my new tank for a saltwater reef tank setup.

Rush07

Large Fish
Mar 1, 2006
Oneida, NY
If they are all priced the same, I would get the Oceanic. The AGA is made by Oceanic (or Oceanic is made by AGA, one or the other) but usually a little cheaper. I agree that the Perfecto are of much poorer quality. In other words:

Same price = Oceanic
If you can save money = AGA

Apr 11, 2006
I had a choice between the oceanic and the topfin, I had purchased the topfin because it was about 40.00 cheaper. I observed the oceanic and the topfin carefully and it seem like they are made from the exact the same kind of materials. The oceanic looks or feels no better than the topfin. Anyways I got my tank already. Thank you so much for the opinion, I appreciate it.

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
i have had my perfecto 55 gallon tank for close to 6 almost 7 years now and it is still in great condition, never had a single problem with it, i have never had a leak or a crack the only thing bad is that i have to replace the cover that hold the lights as i had dropped it and broke a peice of glass off. no other problems and it has housed many different things from fish to reptiles to rats, and has made a 2000 mile trip , i would say perfecto is a pretty good brand!

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I have an AGA 46BF and never had any issues with it, its a gorgeous tank. Actually the only issue I've really ever had with a tank was with a 10g Topfin that I purchased new and didn't take enough care to make sure the seals...sealed...before I filled it up and I had 10g of water in my living room. Returned it to Petsmart LIVID...but they exchanged it just fine.