Which tank would u get?

Dec 20, 2007
North Lousiana
I've narrowed it down to 2. My choices are a 46 gal bowfront (36 x 15 x 20)that I could get by this weekend. It's in stock and all I have to do is pick it up. Or a regular rectangle shaped 50 gal (36 x 18 x 19) that I'd have to order and wait 2 weeks. I'm in no hurry but I'm eager to get started. I'll wait if I have to.
What I'm wondering is if there are any cons in going with bowfront. I like the look of it better. But what about conventional purposes? Any reason not to get a bowfront?

d3sc3n7

Superstar Fish
Nov 21, 2007
Ft. Campbell, Ky
www.d3sc3n7.com
Ok, I gotta agree with tom here!

Do what any wise fish keeper would do: buy both!
Seriously though I dont know of any downfalls to the bowfront. I prefer the longer tanks my self. The feel (to me) like you have more room to work. But, I guess it depends on how long you can wait...dont say you'll wait for the 50 then decide not to, and the 46 be out of stock...now you really have to wait!

-Jay

Sep 6, 2006
NS, Canada
I'd get the bowfront if the two tanks don't have a huge price gap. Bowfronts look very attractive and I've never found much if any distortion from them. Maybe if you're trying to look at the back left corner from the front right corner for some reason, but that's it. I much prefer them to regular tanks.

skratikans

Large Fish
Jul 19, 2007
clemson,sc
a bowfront is acrylic the rectangular is glass, it depends on your taste. Personally, I would do the 50, since its wider and you could aquascape better with a wider aquarium and fish like wider spaces as well.