white lump on molly

Dec 8, 2004
Visit site
again! i medicated her for 2 weeks and the white lumps went away. the melafix bottle only said medicate for 1 week. i looked today, and the two white lumps are back again. what do i do?

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I have used Melafix for longer than two weeks, when necessary. As long as you did a water change before starting another week, it shouldn't be a problem. You might want to consider switching to a stronger med than Melafix if it hasn't fully gone away, though. Are the lumps smooth or fluffy? Where are they on the fish?

Dec 8, 2004
Visit site
they're on her side- just three small lumps that are a little bigger than ich. they're pretty much smooth. i REALLY tried to get a good look just now and realized that one of the lumps wasn't actually a lump- it was a piece of loose skin that had broken off and was flapping. it was about the size of a scale. the other two lumps are actually lumps though, same size.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Bits of skin falling off doesn't sound like a good sign. I'd get an antibacterial/antifungal med in there. I've had really good luck with Jungle Fungus Cure fizzy tablets on all kinds of livebearer "lumps" and stuff. You could try PimaFix, if you're really worried about a "stronger" med.