White sand

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
I Know many people have asked about sand. Does anyone know of a brand of White sand that can be used in a freshwater tank. At present I am using quikrete play sand. But I am not that happy with the color. I am looking for White sand for my cichlids tank. White sand would look much better with the lava rocks then play sand that I have. So if anyone knows of white sand. Brand name would be great and where can it be found Please be specific of location and quality of the sand. Money is not a problem. yeah finally got paid. White sand which will not harm the fish. Please reply fast before my money is gone. *thumbsups

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
We have Estes' Ultra Reef Marine Sand in the tank we're setting up for the gobys, it's safe for fresh or marine tanks and I am pleased with the look, although I mixed in a few handfulls of cichlid complete to give it a less clean and uniform look. I like it.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
Is it agronite or silicate. because i have heard that agronite is not good for freshwater fish. As for cichlid complete it is black in color!. I want a white substrate so that the tank stands out.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
It doesn't say, it just says 'Safe for fresh or salt water', ours is brackish, so it doesn't effect us much not knowing.

I know eco complete cichlid is black (and white, and gray...), I just said I mixed some of it into the sand to break up the white.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
Ohh Ok thanks for the reply though I was looking for a white substrate which will be good for freshwater fish. Something like white sand. but it is very hard to find white sand that is safe for freshwater. if anyone knows Please reply.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
It's white, it's sand, and it says it is safe for freshwater, what are you opposng to here?

There is white playsand at home depot too, or at least around here there is.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
VirgoWolf said:
It's white, it's sand, and it says it is safe for freshwater, what are you opposng to here?

There is white playsand at home depot too, or at least around here there is.

Ok now i am all confused I am not apposing anything. I dont even know how you got that i was apposing to anything. What is the brand name of the white playsand at home depot and what sand where you talking about that was white? I am very slow so please be patient with me.