Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I felt sorry for him

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
Here's a fun poll, Just wondering on how people choose their Bettas. I choose "the look" because out of all the bettas I saw that day at PetSmart, UB tried his very best to get my attention.

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I said "gave me the look," but it's more like they were active and appeared healthy. Some of them just sit there... I always aim for one of the most active that isn't horribly colored.

Sep 8, 2005
I chose all of the above. However the reason i picked mine was he did not flare at the others so i thought he would be a good candidate for a community tank. And he was.

Fizgig777

Large Fish
Nov 7, 2003
NYC
www.goldfishparadise.com
Mine was saved from the clutches of a spoiled kid who kept saying, "daddy I want that one." The betta, known as Taffy, is a pretty female that has long fins like a male. When the father said it would "be perfect for the bowl with your goldfish" I decided to buy her myself since I was ahead of them in line. She spent a week in one of the community tanks and then began showing signs of fungal infection... spent 2 weeks in antibiotic soup... and now lives in a happy community tank... She was worth saving :)

Here she is for anyone interested in seeing her:
http://www.petsociety.org/gallery/d/50036-2/20+-+Taffy+the+Betta+_f_.JPG

Fizgig777

Large Fish
Nov 7, 2003
NYC
www.goldfishparadise.com
I'm glad I saved her too. She's a really sweet Betta; doesn't harass anyone. Personally, I prefer the "personalities" of the females over the males. Have never been able to keep a male with any other fish -- not for lack of trying -- and I don't want to turn my home into a public aquarium with tanks all over the place. Taffy schools with the cory cats :D She will lunge at the Platies if they get too in her face at feeding times, but she doesn't actually take a nip -- just wants her space to eat in peace :)

BettaLove

Large Fish
Jan 19, 2006
I saw Fernando, (Avatar), at Petsmart and he gave me that look! A year later, he still gives me that look! That feed me look! Bettas have such expression. It is really amazing how different their personalities are.