Why is my overflow box flushing?

JeLeAk

Large Fish
Jan 4, 2005
Alaska
my overflow box keeps filling up with water and dumping all that water at once, its really strange... normally it will do this once or twice then stop... but its been doing it for about 10 hours now it will flush about every 2-5 min

edit: heres a pic, i could get a vid too if needed

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
try a 90 degree elbow .... it doesnt totally silence it but it helps alot..... i was having the same problem exept every time the water flushed down it got air in the drain and splashed water every in the sump...now with the elbow its just a steady flow not totally silent but steady

JeLeAk

Large Fish
Jan 4, 2005
Alaska
noise is not the problem, the problem is that the box fills with water and then all the water will drain out at once putting a serge of water into my sump and causing a overflow of water... ill just have to post a vid so you can see what i am talking about

i am really confused about this because its been up for a week without this problem, and once i did a 50% water change it wont stop with the massive flow change from the overflow to the sump

TRe seems to have had the same problem i am having, maybe ill try adjusting the drain hose some tomorrow i duno tho, i seemingly did nothing different on my set up so this is why i am so confused

yahoo is not hosting my vid right away(prob checking for x-rated type stuff) soo ill post the vid somtime tomorrow

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
like i said not only did i have your problem but i fixed it with a .40 cent elbow :p i also tried to adjust the drain house some wich seems to help as well....you just have to play with it till you get it right ;)