will these fish go together?

kezdoc09

Medium Fish
Jul 28, 2009
hi im waiting for my tanks to cycle and trying to do some research on which fish to get. At the moment i think i got a good mix but just wanted to make sure and check with u guys with loads of experience.
ok, tank 1 63 l - 3 rummy nose, 1 wcmm, 5 harlequins and 1 siamese fighter.
tank 2 120l - 2 danio, 6 neon, 1 plec, 1 rainbow shark, 2 bol rams and either 2 dwarf gourami or an angel?
or has anyone got any better suggestions, i really wanna try and stick with something a bit different and stay away from guppies, molllies platys etc.
cheers

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
In the first Id either get all tetras or all harlequins so you can get a decent school of one.

Also in the second I wouldn't get only 2 danios cause they are nippy. An angel may eat the neons and 2 dwarf gouramis may not get along.

Ravenstar

Medium Fish
Feb 27, 2009
I've heard that rainbow sharks aren't a great idea...I hear they get really big and actually kinda ugly and dull when they grow up. As for temperament, I'm not sure, but...

I agree with the notion of either tetras or harlequins. Bigger schools tend to be happier and more active than numerous smaller ones. Other than that, I'm not sure, I just don't have the experience to really offer advice. o.o

kezdoc09

Medium Fish
Jul 28, 2009
yeah i know u are right on the pleco but the problem is i already have him!!! was planning on re homing him when he gets too big or getting a bigger tank, any idea how long it will take for him to outgrow the tank? and thinking bout a leopard loach instead of shark now?