Wilma, our Midas Blenny has a problem

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Just got home from work and noticed Wilma's right eye is almost, or is, popping out of her head. Anyone have a clue what is going on with her? If so, is there anything I can do for her?

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I have her in the QT tank, I don't have anything to treat her with tonight, will try and find something tommrow. The article says that water quality and stress is the main cause. My water quality is good so it must be something else, I don't know.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Thats what my wife said, she might have banged into something. I know one thing, she dosn't like being in that QT, lol. She has gotten into a piece of pvc and seems to have calmed down a bit. The Flame Angel used to chase her around a bit, but the F angle has calmed down alot since we put the clown fish in the tank. Other than her eye looking bad she seems like her old self before I put her in the QT tank, swimming around and eating her food whan I fed the tank.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Blennies are pretty resilient and not usually prone to some diseases that affect other fish.....keep your eye on her and she should bounce back....