wobbling

Apr 22, 2003
NYC
shellvergel.blogspot.con
the wobbling behaviour is called the 'shimmies' and all livebearers do it. It is a symptom of something being not right. Either he is ill, or the water doesn't suit him. Or another fish is harassing him. Some sort of major stress is involved.

How long have you had this fish? How are the water parameters? How are the other fish reacting?

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Yikes, your tank is wayyyy overstocked. You really need to check your ammonia levels, they might be through the roof. In which case all your fish are soon going to start kicking the bucket. Do a 50% water change ASAP and get your water tested.

jade71301

Large Fish
Jan 26, 2006
Quebec, Canada
My platy has been doing the same thing Since I changed the whole tank saturday, to get rid of baby snails. I just got home from work, and I found him with his tail stuck in the filter and he was dead :(

Apr 1, 2006
South England UK
if the others do not seem to have reacted in any way it is likely that it may not be your tank... i bought 3 corys last week and only one had a problem. it had fungus on its belly and it started swimming lopsided ans upside down... i tried everything possible but he died withing 3 minutes of this behaviour. there was nothing i could do. my water was fine and the shop agreed to this. (they tested my water) and they refunded him... they have a 3 day policy. but only if it was their fault. good luck with the other fish.