WOOOOH

Fish Friend

Superstar Fish
May 29, 2005
England
www.piczo.com
Hi,
Finally yesterday i got my rio 125 !!!!!! i got it because its my birthday in 8 days *BOUNCINGS anyone have any ideas of what to have it set out ? full of plants ? lots of rocks ? driftwoood ? if anyone has a rio 125 please could you put a pic on fo rm so i can see how yours is set out...
Many thanks. Adam

phOOey

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Nottingham, UK
i've got a rio 180. lol, you dont just need to see people with rio 125's to get an idea of how to set it up :p.

do you have any idea of what kind of fish you want yet?

Fish Friend

Superstar Fish
May 29, 2005
England
www.piczo.com
lol nope, i was asking about this new co2 system thats come out, but im not sure yet, i may just have a community/breeding tank. the water is very murky because it has to mature and its my fault for not washing the fine gravel enough. oopsee !lol i never knew the juwel filter system was sooooooo complicated... well.... i suppose its quite straight forward but i think its hard lol. can you actually move the filter box to another position in the tank ?? im spoilt for choice now on what to put in it!! ill put a pic of it on here in a bit
Many cheers
Adam ;)

phOOey

Superstar Fish
Oct 31, 2003
Nottingham, UK
the juwel filter system makes me feel good, its so complicated it must be doing a good job! but i like the basket thing all the filter pads come in, thats nice and convinient.

i've seen the filter be moved before, but i'm not sure of its eay or not. why do you want to move it anyway? i like mine where it is :)

Fish Friend

Superstar Fish
May 29, 2005
England
www.piczo.com
lol i dont wanna move it now, soon as i got home from school, i started adding the plants in and everything, now it looks reallllllllllly gooood !! how long does it take for a tank to start maturing ??? because i tested the water for nitrite but its at 0
i really like the filter basket, im a bit concerend about the heater though, because you cant see what temp. its set at like other heaters and you cant see the light when it comes on in the filter box.

ozziegt

Large Fish
Feb 26, 2005
if you get a thermometer for your tank you won't need to worry about what the heater is set at or whether the light is on or not.

As far as cycling your tank, it can take anywhere from 1 day to 2 months depending on how you do it. I would recommend you read up on it...there are some links in the freshwater beginner section and also check out the articles at www.aquahobby.com.

Fish Friend

Superstar Fish
May 29, 2005
England
www.piczo.com
OK thanks, i added 4 of my fry today but lost 3 of my baby black mollys over night in my fry tank :S i think they all had a fight and one of them killed them, because its funny that i had 3 females and 1 male, and the male is still alive, so i think the male killed them but up to now they seem to be doing fine. My tank has not started maturing yet, nope it does soon !! :)

Last edited: