Worms attacking zoas!!! Help!!!

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
hi, it turns out the snail was not the only one harrasing my zoas! there are these worms that come out of the live rock and wave around, these seam to be irritating my zoanthids, how do i get rid of them? there are tons in my mantis tank and there are a few in my ten gallon! there is no way i could get something to eat them because of the mantis? how do i get rid of them?

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
i tried...impossible...i scraped the rock almost completely, use pliers, use scissors...the problem is that the populaton is growing fast on other surfaces...it seems to bother only my zoanthids. I dunno what to do next...boiling water in a seringe ? Since they're filter feeders, i reduced greatly the feeding of my fishies.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
these thing reprduce lie rabbits. i was able to crack one open and the little worm wiggle out and got choped up in the power head, i wish my mantis would eat them... he does eat the big ones though. will fish eat worms? i moved the big rock into the ten gallon and the poyps seem to be doing a little better from the light alone, the funny thing is it is only one type of zoanthid out of the three on the rock that gets irritated.

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
It looks like your problem is nutrient export--Kahluazz do you still have the Coralife needle wheel skimmer? That coupled with water changes and a cut back on feeding should help. Ram, you should probably do a lot of water changes too, especially after feeding your mantis.