Worried About Indigo

Rossignol

Medium Fish
May 9, 2006
Hey Guys, Im worried about Indigo, he seems to be acting funny like laying around and stuff he seems at the bottom all the time and just doesnt wanna go anywhere, he wont even come up to eat. i have been doing water changes and still nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions?

Rossignol

Medium Fish
May 9, 2006
well today he was swimming at the top, i put a bit of food in front of him and he ate it, so i asked the lfs and they said he might have some parasites or something so now im treating the tank and we'll see how it turns out

Jennifer

Large Fish
May 11, 2006
Guelph, ON
Hmm, i am having the same problem! My betta isn't eating, lies on the bottom or under the rocks/behind the heater. There arn't any external symptoms (like fungus) so I am thinking internal parasite or bacterial disease. :( He still swims from one place to the next but he is generally very lethargic (he is usually the most active and curious betta).

I did treat my tank- what medicine did you use to treat yours? If you figure out what's wrong with Indigo I'd love to hear it because it might help with my betta....

Rossignol

Medium Fish
May 9, 2006
well as of now im using melafix, says on the bottle all natural and cures all fish infections, internal and external bacteria infections to. so we'll see how it goes, im supposed to apply 1 teaspoon per daqy and then do a 25% water change

RISK2123

Medium Fish
Aug 29, 2006
L.A. Cali
i just had a female die for no aparent reason. she was acting kinda wierd, kinda like urs last night and when i woke up, she was dead. she was gonna be feeder food soon anyways but im left scratching my head as to what it was. try using "bettafix" its not as strong as melafix so it wont hurt the betta at all. i have ottos and some shrimp in the tank but shes the only one that died. she just laid eggs so im thinking its possible she was really weak from that and just couldnt recover. good luck with urs though!!!