Would a Feather Duster do ok?

tytus

Small Fish
Sep 19, 2006
Personally, from My Limited Experience, I had a Huge Featherduster at the bottom of my tank and it survived quite nicely under fluorescents.
Then I got MH and it was still doing fine, looking great...
Then, I got a Copperband Butterfly....ByeByeFeatherduster~!
*ALL* *ALL* *ALL* but at least I don't have aptasia anymore!

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I have a mixed community tank with a coral beauty in it and she hasn't touched my two feather dusters. I have heard positive and negative stories about their long term survivability in captivity. I have had mine for 2 months and haven't had any issues what so ever. They are filter feeders and you would need to have a mature tank I would to feed them....... I add phyto about once a week and cyclopeeze about once a week. I thkni that they must be getting some of this...

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Ive had a large duster along with alot of smaller pick-me ups and theyve been doing great for over a year, lighting really doesnt matter as they arent photosynthetic, they are filter feeders. Tend to do better in an established tank, its chancy. What lorna suggests might be a decent idea, and like her mine are in with a coral beauty.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Joe I use both the freeze dried cyclopeeze that is like what you have.....sort of rubbery.....then I also use frozen that is about the size of grains of sand....

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
I'm guessing there like Anemones they just move around because i was watching them at the lfs and they were just in the sand a few on rock but i'm guessing they move to where they want idk also Joe Fish thx your asking some questions i wanted to know myself :D