would a gold gourami and a dwarf gourami get along?

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
you'll just have to try it. my guess is that maybe two golds (one male only) and a dwarf would be better. one gold would probably pick on the dwarf. if it were a small gold and a large dwarf you might be able to pul it off.
it really all depends on the fish. i had a dwarf flame that picked on my blue, and then again i've also had it vice versa. but generally, i'd say yes, they will get along. just do lots of plants and hidhing spaces and you should be OK.

Oct 22, 2002
Bend, OR
www.zealotron.com
gouramis are like bettas, it depends on the particular fish. They all got different personalities and the only way to know for sure is trial and error.

If the first 2 you try dont work, take the most aggressive back to LFS and get another. rinse, repeat until you find 2 that jive.

Fishyman

Small Fish
Jun 14, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
yeah I wouldnt try this, Gouramis are hard to get them to live peacefully together. I have had some really bad luck with this. And the normal gourami would probablly pick at the lil Dwarf until it died. I go with this rule... one gourami per tank,unless its like pearl gouramis