would this be a horrible idea?

Mar 3, 2006
columbus, Tx
I'm sorry to ask...a lil' afraid of getting criticized or somethin of the sort, but I was wanting to know if I could possibly (once I get both of my tanks cycled and stabilized) add my platies, guppies, and corys to the 30 gal with the red tail shark, bala, and blue gourami? I would love to set up my 10 gal for african cichlids. I'd actually like to get about a 20 gal tank, but I'm running out of room!!! lol... any ideas??? Again, sorry if I'm just absolutely annoying. I've done research on these fish, I'd just love to know real people's opinions who had experience with this stuff...thanks a bunch..

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I think a couple of livebearers will be fine in there with the fish you have. Of course, you already know about the bala and his future needs. I'm not sure the cories are a good idea with the red-tailed shark, as the sharks tend to be nasty to other bottom dwellers, and cories are very shy and defenseless.

I wouldn't recommend African cichlids in a 10g tank, although you might get away with shelldwellers.

Mar 3, 2006
columbus, Tx
yeah, i do know about the bala shark... at the pet store the info on his tank said 30 + would be fine.... so I dont know what I'm gonna do with him now... maybe by the time he's bigger, I'll also have a bigger tank...lol