Would this refugium be a good setup for a 210gal tank?

Feb 7, 2008
I hey guys, I know its probably cheaper to build my own refugium/sump but I can't imagine it would be much cheaper because this seems pretty reasonable. It would only be like $130 shipped. Im eventually planning on a 210 gal tank. Im just sort of collecting the pieces until I have what I need.

CLICKY

What do you think? Good or bad? It even has an outlet for an external pump. Thanks, Nick

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
It looks like it's OK, but I'd definitely go for the larger size. That one is only about 21 gallons, and as it wouldn't be full all the way, probably more like 12 to 15 gallons total. I think you would want something larger for a 210g tank.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I have one this size on my 75 and I am looking to make it bigger, as stated go with the largest you can fit under your tank......why scrimp when you aren't for your tank or any other equipment.

Dec 3, 2007
We stock a few sump models that are larger than that one. But you can always modify a large container that isn't built for sump use (unless you want the chambers, but I think you can probably easily make those too with improvised dividers - correct me if I'm wrong). I've heard of people using large plastic storage tubs (provided they are sturdy) or old tanks someone's trying to get rid of for cheap.

Feb 7, 2008
well they said they make custom sizes in the auction so I can always email him for a larger one. what size would you guys recommend? Like I said in another thead, I would like to do this once and only once so Im trying to get the best infomation and equipment I can get. Thanks, Nick

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well you definitely want to make sure that all your equipment fits. I would wait and order it after you have all your other stuff that will go in it and then you can be sure. Take the measurements of your stand and have it built to fit. I would think something in the 55 - 75g range would work. I know many who have a 75g as a sump on a 210