Xenia Growth

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I just wanted to share this. I can believe how fast Xenia grows. Sorry the first pics arent all that great. Not only can you see how fast the Xenia grows, but you can see that I have gotten better with the camera!!! Wow, two for one!!! What a great day!!! LOL. *SUPERSMIL

The first pic was taken: Jan. 9, 2006
The second pic was taken: Feb. 2, 2006

Attachments

jaydsl

Small Fish
Jan 19, 2006
they do grow fast i got one i think 3 weeks ago now and i tell you man they can grow i go to work for a week at a time so i can see the diff when i get home . last weekend i pruned mine :) from the one clump i got i now have 4 clusters and one can be split again but i think i will let him stay and they are all about the size of the one when i bought it tonight i will take pick of them but here is the first one as i bought it on jan 19 06

http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33456

it came with 2 seperate ones
pretty cool stuff

jaydsl

Small Fish
Jan 19, 2006
my 3 week growth

this is what mine looked like 3 weeks ago

and after last weekends split this is what i have and the one on the left can be split again

i need to take a better pic

Last edited:

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
They are filter feeders so they require a good flow. They are pretty hardy and some people say that they are annoying. But I think they are pretty neat. There is plenty of room in my tank for it to grow. I think a big problem is that people dont want to have to prune it, so they let it grow and it becomes out of hand. (Another pic coming soon.)