xray tetra in trouble!

I noticed yesterday one of my tetras (have had for over a month in a cycled tank) was not with the rest and kept opening his mouth quickly unlike the others. Well today I just noticed he's upsidedown on the gravel breathing heavily and mouth opening like yesterday. I noticed his belly almost looks like it got maybe an infection? or maybe like it scraped it's belly on something. I think it's belly looks a little bigger than the others too. can't tell anything else physically.

I had a second oto die on me (within 1-2 months of purchase) but they are more sensitive, and I thought tetras were more hardy.

water was last changed 3 days ago 20%, and it had been 3-4 weeks before last one was done.

water is 0-0-15 ph 7.2-7.4

thanks for any help, I'm kinda assuming that he's just going to be another loss.

Crissy

May 5, 2006
I'm sorry to hear about that. I am having some trouble right now also with my betta. I'm not sure what your tetra could have. I hope you can find out. It sounds very sick to me. Good Luck!

May 8, 2006
Tennessee
I don't know of anything you can do other then wait and see what happens, but what I can tell you is that you may want to try and keep him upright because when fish get stressed they tend to flip upside down. So just keep him upright in order to realive some stress.