Yellow Scroll Advice Needed

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Some fish poo started to build up on my Yellow Scroll I was constantly useing my turkey baster to clean it off. It started to cause a "spot" on the scroll.
I decded to move it into a spot in the tank where it will have direct flow. I am hoping that this will help me out some. Do you think so?? Will it recover??

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Thanks! :D That helps some just not with the question. The reason I posted to the pic was to see how people thought it looked and to help people see where the scroll is compared to the water flow. (I just looked up at the pic, there is a pipe behind the Xenia.)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Guppy my yellow scroll is high up with pretty high flow. This helps keep detritus from depositing on it. I too use a turkey baster if I see anything on it. Though high as it is it barely gets any on it.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I keep mine a bit lower in an area of very high flow. Flow is certianly the answer, but a direct hit at 6, 7 inches might not be ideal. Mucho turbulence above would be better.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I figure as long as it gets decent flow over it it should be okay. Keep your eye on it and if it collects any detritus then blow it off with a baster. Mine isn't nearly as big as yours....but I am sure it will grow... :)

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
It's strangely angled, but if it works, it works. My objection is it will be difficult to see the polyps. Keeping it high will stop it growing strangely too. It looks a bit wierd tho'

Corals like this can be hard to mix with some lps, other corals that aren't really up to dealing with higer water flow rates.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I assume you mean another spot of discolouration, decay?

Are the polyps ever extending. Have they ever. Have they ever fed (cyclopeeze?)

What colour are the patches - light brown?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Sorry Guppy I can't think of anything else it could be...try posting the question to this site as they are very very good....just make sure you give them all the parameters and equipment and occupants etc...the moderators on this page are some of the best in the hobby, Bob Fenner,Anthony Calfo etc...

Ask the WWM Crew a Question