Zebra loach Help!

FishLuvr

Large Fish
Jun 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
I just got these guys a week or so ago, never having them, i'm not sure if this is a problem or there regular behaviour, today i noticed them, chasing each over in circles, around and aorund, EXACTLY like a dog chasing his own tail, only this was both of them chasing each other. IS THIS NORMAL.

i attached a vid. its a bit long, i was so interested in thier behavior that i forgot the camera was running lol

thanks kevin

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
omg love the background music LOL and it almost looks like a mating dance they are doing, or a fight for dominance, i love how the tetras were just looking at them like WTF? beuatiful tank though, the fish all have great colors!

FishLuvr

Large Fish
Jun 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
yeah sorry about the background music i was playing madden 2007 online when i noticed them and stopped to do the video lol

OMG i just listened to it, Thats hillarious, its like the music was actually orchestrated for that exact moment haha

FishLuvr

Large Fish
Jun 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
Lotus said:
How many of them did you get? It could be they're establishing pecking order.

By the way, they look more like Botia kubotai than what's usually called zebra loach (Botia striata). But, it's hard to see in the video.

i only bought two of them, thats all the lfs had, and here is a picture of one of them, looks to me more like the zebra, but im no expert

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Oh, golden zebra loach (B. histrionica). It's a little hard to say, as it still looks pretty small, but it could be one or the other.

Definitely get another one or two when you see them again, they like to be in larger groups (three or more).

FishLuvr

Large Fish
Jun 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
thank you both for claifying that, the LFS actually had them labelled as yoyo's i didnt think they were that as i didnt see the Y form in the stripes.

but do you have any ideas on that behaviour do you think its them just playing, fighting. etc, or do i have anything to worry about?