Zebra Moray Eel on its side

Sep 3, 2007
Sydney
Hi guys,

My Zebra Moray Eel yesterday and today is acting real weird, Its hiding behind a rock and is resting on its side anyone seen this before?

I thought i would check the water and all tests are perfect, Is this a natural thing the Eels do? i have had him for 5 days now, First 3 days didnt do this.

Any info would be great,

Thanks guys!!!

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
its probably not cycled and the stuff u have in there is going to suffer.. hope everything works out for ya but putting livestock in a new tank that hasn't cycled isn't a very good start.. if they do die read up and cycle your tank before you put anything else in there.. theres more stuff that you need to test for that you don't have listed also.. like sg and some others..

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Your ammonia level should be zero. I would do an immediate water change and get this down.....hopefully this will help. What are your other params?

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
remember each time u add liverock youll most likely experiance a mini cycle ;) thats why its best to do it all at once or at least all before you begin to stock.... save all this money u plan on spending on fish that arnt guna make it anyways and put it towards the things you need ie. liverock,protien skimmer,possible more flow,ect...