zooanthid oddity

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
This is something I have personally never seen to this extreme so I was kind of curious if anyone else had. These are some zoos which developed out of some LR from the 55.

notice that the tentacles are alternating upward and downward very distinctly...its very peculiar and something I have never seen on any zoos I have kept, nor any which I have seen in the LFS so I was hoping maybe someone here could shed some light on either the cause or at least if they had seen it before. I don't mind their appearance or anything, its just new to me. Usually, I have noticed either no variation among the direction of the tentacles (ie parallel to the polyp head) or perhaps a very slight alternating curvature...but nothing like this

Kevin

Last edited:

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
yah, ive had some interesting stuff come out of it...lots of little tube worms of course, but i got a few that the only thing which extends is a pair of long red hairs...ive never seen anything like it...and of course the usual other stuff...the zoos were a pleasant surprise

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
it seems like pretty good stuff...if i was doing a 29 i think i would go for some of the "nicer" stuff than the fiji...personally i like the lalo and the melanesian...seen those two in person...the carribean looks interesting but i dont have any experience with it