pagoda???

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
was wondering if one of these would do well in my setup???
55gallons
260w pc
i saw a really nice one at the lfs and i have to go back there later for more water and was thinking about getting it.... any thoughts?? *SUPERSMIL

joeyjoeq

Large Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Chicago
TRe said:
was wondering if one of these would do well in my setup???
55gallons
260w pc
i saw a really nice one at the lfs and i have to go back there later for more water and was thinking about getting it.... any thoughts?? *SUPERSMIL
Sorry but what is a pagoda? Aint it like this chinnese house type thing ???

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok only problem is i went back to the lfs before i read camaro's post *crazysmil i mean i can try and talk to the man at the lfs and see if he'll trade it back but i doubt that one :eek:
now what??? if he doesnt take it back whats the best i can do to care for it?? i take it itll be best as close to the light as possible??

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
Maybe try to find someone who will take it and has the proper required lighting and etc...although I found this on liveaquaria...I know its only a broad guideline and that liveaquaria is out to make money off people...

From LiveAquaria.com:
Turbinaria sp. vary in the amount of care they require. Those that are highly convoluted or thin plates are the most difficult to care for. Others, like this one, make excellent candidates for the novice reef aquarist. It is a peaceful reef inhabitant and does not bother other corals that are placed in close proximity to it. However, it should still be provided with ample space away from other corals because it does grow quickly. It will require moderate lighting combined with moderate water movement within the aquarium. For its continued good health, it will also require the addition of calcium, strontium, and other trace elements to the water. It will benefit from additional food in the form of brine shrimp or plankton.

Maybe its good luck on my part but I've been keeping a Pagoda in my 20 gal for several months now, with good success. I keep it about mid level under 130watt pc's, and I feed it cyclopeeze, the frozen kind, and some finely choppped mysis. So far it has started growing so new polyps, granted probably not as fast as it would under MH lighting but it is growing, and it still has good color as well.
Not the best pic, but oh well

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Well...its not goin to die overnight but it should be moved semi soon...try reefcentral in their livestock forum area...a lot of people there you may be able to sell or trade it with someone local

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Why go to reef central.....I already said I would buy it and pay the shipping....just pm me with the amount..... :) I am sure it would find a happy home in my 75g

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ok just wanted to update : the pagoda is doing great!! actually looks better than the first day i got it home..ive been target feeding mysis though my hermits see it as an all u can eat buffet*crazysmil heres a pic

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
well its been about 4 months and the pagoda looks like its gotten more bushy but the color looks more brown than green ... ill take a pic later but why do u think its changing color??? could it be lighting??? aside from the color it looks healthier than the day i brought it home :/