My first pics........

BalaShark

Large Fish
Dec 5, 2005
Up and running now for about 5 months (I think) and here are the first pics. Nothing as glamorous as most of you here, but without everyone's help at MFT, I couldn't have done it! *thumbsups

Still my pride and joy, numerous $$'s later in investing the right equipment, with 1 small (yellow tang) mishap.

Thank you all!

BalaShark

Large Fish
Dec 5, 2005
Thank you very much for the nice comments.

I just ordered 2 Aqua C Remora's this weekend to add to the existing Fluval 205's I use for filtration currently. Also, both tanks (30g's) house 2 100W heaters each and 2 1200 MJ powerheads. The left hand tank in the pic is planned as a reef, while the right hand will stay a FOWLR. What I like the most is no visible cables/hoses. I just hope my Coralife 130W's will be enough light. The anemones do well, so I assume it will be enough for some low light corals/mushrooms.

One step at a time.

BalaShark

Large Fish
Dec 5, 2005
Thanks for making me jelous! I love in wall tanks. Looks great so far, looks so clean too!
:p Yep, all the stuff's hidden. Jealous? You should see what it looks like behind the tanks *thumbsups

Are the royal grammas fighting at all?
No, not really, they seem to be relatively peacefull. When I first put them in with the damsels, they stood their own, now once in a while you'll see them barking at each other, but no real fighting IMHO.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
thats cool im actually realy interested in how u did it since ill be closing on my house june 1st and plan on having my 125 gallon tank in my garage with the cut out like you have into the living room...i also plan on using my 55 as a sump and switching to mh's ;)

jessey

Large Fish
Dec 25, 2006
Tampa, FL
really cool set up! i like the arrangement of the live rock also, it's different than a lot of other tanks and it looks great.

i'm also jealous of the in-wall tanks! :D

BalaShark

Large Fish
Dec 5, 2005
and from behind

Well, here's the not so nice part....*twirlysmi

The left tank you can see the brackets I mounted on the wall so I can have good light when I clean / maintain. Also, all made of 2x4 studs with a 3/4 inch top. Pretty solid, I'd say.

and a closer view to my science center on the left

Whoohoo! I got my first Aqua C Remora skimmer, freshly mounted on my reef to be tank

Sep 12, 2006
Algonquin, IL
u should build a combined sump. that'd be sweet and it lessen the amount of water maintanence. throw another 30 or bigger back there and run pumps and plumbing from each tank to the sump. it'd be a really large system, which is really good.