Picking them up

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
I figure i should probably get some percs for my tank this weekend..everything is good i have a small but effective cleanup crew and i am ready to get my first saltwater fish. Is there anything beside acclimation that i should know about true percs? I would like to know what kind of foods i should keep handy and stuff like that..
Thanks

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
I like to alternate PE mysis, formula one flake ocassionally and cyclopeeze for some variety. My fish love all three types of food and chow it down very quickly.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
you can't beat pe mysis....when my fish are on a feeding strike this is bound to bring them to the table, though I have never had a problem with my clowns......they attack the baster when I am feeding.....

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
lol thats good to know what should i look for sense im getting 2 clowns i know im supposed to get one bigger than the other so it establishes whos in charge but when should i separate them if it gets too bad.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
do u plan on any other fish besides the clowns??? if so u have to take that in consideration and get the least aggresive first.... clowns tend not to be the least aggresive ;)

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
OK I bought some stuff today hopefully i did it right...
I decide to get the clowns first and i got one big cinnimon and one small. Does the spot on their back end grow with age? The little one dosent have a spot yet. I also got two corals. I got one small mushroom and one small something or other im not really sure but it was cheap so w/e. Ill take some pictures later. What should i feed the mushroom if anything? I got cyclops. The guys said he feed it that every day so is he right. I hope he wasnt just trying to sell me crap. Thanks for the info and other help would be appreciated.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
what kind of mushroom is it? that is a very broad descriptor and could apply to any number of corals, but either way, it is not necessary to feed cyclopeeze everyday, you will just end up polluting your tank...it is good stuff though.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
u just melt a half a cube or so in a glass of tank water then either just pour it in or get a clean (new) turkey baster and suck some up and squirt it by the corals that eat it

eva

Large Fish
Oct 18, 2006
burnaby, bc
In my experience, half a cube is way too much food for two clowns. A quarter cube may be better because you don't want excess food degrading your water quality.

shift_9k

Large Fish
Jul 5, 2005
Chicago
www.duderick.com
Honestly I dont know if this is the right way to do it, but my friend uses a fine bristle paint brush that he dips in the water then drips that water right into the cube, does this a couple of time til there are a few drops in the cube. That amount of water defrosts the top level of the mysis, then he used the brush to pick up a small amount and disperse in the tank. Saran wraps it and puts it back in the freezer.

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
also i have one more question..actually 3
#1. Could i support a lta with 65x2 cf on a 30 gallon and is my tank ready for that yet?
#3 (i think) What is the deal with bleached anemones ive heard about it all the time on rc and was wondering exactly what it was and if it was bad?

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
also i have one more question..actually 3
#1. Could i support a lta with 65x2 cf on a 30 gallon and is my tank ready for that yet?
#3 (i think) What is the deal with bleached anemones ive heard about it all the time on rc and was wondering exactly what it was and if it was bad?
lol wheres the #2?

for the lighting it all depends how close the anemone is to the light.

and bleached anemones are signs of stress or other bad stuff. livestock tend to change to irregular when stressed.