Picking them up

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Recently one of my clowns has been very aggressive towards the smaller one and very aggressive towards my coral beauty. I read the female will do this to establish her ground and is supposed to calm down some. Not sure if this same behavior applies to cinnimon clowns or not.

Dadstank

Large Fish
Nov 4, 2006
Minnesota
In perculas and other clowns the female is generally bigger and bossier.
In the water column the average goby isn't bothered by other fish as it tends to be a bottom dweller and rarely ventures far off the bottom. More than one goby can sometimes be a problem unless you have a larger tank for different territories. Clowns tend to be pretty docile but will show aggressiveness for the "alpha" spot unless trumped by a bigger/more aggressive fish. Coral beautys' don't really fall into that category.
Anytime you add something to your tank it should be quarantined for some time.... but I don't think that is practiced as much as it should be by most aquarists:rolleyes: ... guilty as charged here...

The best tried and true method to add ANYTHING to your tank is a drip method.... I use a small syringe and slowly add water while floating the bag...anything I add usually takes about 1-3 hours.

As for feeding, I use a small cup, about a quarter to half cube of frozen gunk and some water from the tank to thaw it out... I use a syringe and long rigid airline tube for target feeding and the remainder is just dumped in to incite a feeding frenzy.

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
so it is true that a bleached anemone is a sign of distress? Also would it be to soon to get a small serpent star? I saw one yesterday but decided i better wait? Thanks for all the input guys

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
heres a couple of pics my camera sucks so yea..

the mushroom identify if you can

Identify these too idk what they are but i got them cheap 10bucks for the whole frag

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
dadstank what part of minnesota are you in..i have looked over almost all of the forums and couldnt find any tristate clubs or anything. Maybe you know of some?

Dadstank

Large Fish
Nov 4, 2006
Minnesota
dadstank what part of minnesota are you in..i have looked over almost all of the forums and couldnt find any tristate clubs or anything. Maybe you know of some?

TCMAS : Twin-Cities Marine Aquarium Society

Flowerkid- I live west of the twins about a half hour drive.... by buffalo.

The link I posted is for a local group TwinCitiesMarineAquariumSociety.
I haven't gone to any of the meetings they have because of my work/schedule but someday hope to.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
The mushroom looks a bit like Rhodactis of some variety, but it is hard to tell because of the picture quality. If you search online or in our profiles for pictures of Actinodiscus and compare them with Rhodactis you should be able to sort it out.

The second coral is just a variety of Zoanthid. Button Polyp is one commo name often used, but that gets confusing because the same name is often used for Palythoa and Protopalythoa.

For future reference, you should really figure out what you are buying before you buy it, and don't necessarily rely on the advice of the LFS. I learned this the hard way when an LFS told me Gonipora was "a photosynthetic polyp with similar demands as other polyps". That was one of the first corals I ever bought...

Flowerkid

Large Fish
Mar 12, 2006
alright well any ideas about the anemone is my tank ready? I wanna add some nusfferaskjvh snails and probably some more clean up crew besides those. Then could i get one? My tank is about 4-5 months old.

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
alright well any ideas about the anemone is my tank ready? I wanna add some nusfferaskjvh snails and probably some more clean up crew besides those. Then could i get one? My tank is about 4-5 months old.
According to me I don't think your tank is still ready for an anemone. It also depends upon the lighting you have. Anemone's need high lighting and a well established tank with excellent water quality which has been up and running for at least 12 months. If you have metal halides then you may get an anemone after 3 to 4 months. I got an anemone when my tank was only 4 months old and had pc lighting. For the 1st few days it was doing ok then it started to move which is not a good sign so I returned it before it would die on me.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I would really recommend that you don't get an anemone. If and when you do, then you should think about maybe getting a bigger tank as most anemones can get very large and overrun your tank. Then think about they kind you want, most are totally unsuitable for a beginner or a small tank and are destined to a long slow death. A bubble tip is probably the easist to keep but again you are a not ready yet for one.