Electric boy

SinisterKisses

Superstar Fish
Jan 30, 2007
So this is Isis, the plakat male who was purchased as and thought to be a female until a few days ago. I came home and there was a bubble nest, lol. Anyway, he's changed since I got him a few weeks ago, when he honestly did look like a female...he's bulked up, his fins seemed to have lengthened already, and he's turned JET black except for the gorgeous electric blue in his fins, as you can see. You can't even see any features like his eyes or gill plate in the pics, with the flash on, because he's so dark. I love the white tips on his ventrals, too.

SinisterKisses

Superstar Fish
Jan 30, 2007
Oh, I have my CTs too, lol. They're my favs, and I bought Isis here because I thought she was a pretty female to try to breed. But she's turned out to be an even prettier male :D

SinisterKisses

Superstar Fish
Jan 30, 2007
Thanks :) I actually was just in Petsmart, and discovered a couple Plakat boys there, too. They even screwed up and charged me the price of a veiltail betta, so I got another Plakat boy for $3.99 - that makes two at that price now, lol. The new boy is named Apollo, and I'll get some pics up of him shortly.