Shroom tank

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
i have a 3g tank thats cycled and all ready. and i want nothing but shroom in it....well maybe a sun coral too.

Rhodactis and Ricordea are pretty much the same right? they both need a lot of light?

dont think i'll be getting a yuma unless my LFS has some...landscape is still a problem =/

anways i have a 20w PC 6500k with a few 470 nm LEDs (about 4w of it). and hopefully its going to look quite blue...

my questions is what kind of Ricordea/Shrooms should i get? im quite new at this but keeping the water well maintain and lighting up should be enough (feeding too)

i can get my hands on:

Blue rhodactis
Blue Starburst Mushroom
Green Base Orange BullsEye Mushroom
Green Star Umbrella Mushroom
Neon Blue BullsEye Mushroom
Neon Blue Hairly Mushroom
Orange Bullseye Mushroom (Orange Rhodactis inchoata)
Psychedellic watermelon mushroom
Red rhodactis shroom
Smooth Red Mushroom
Tri-Color BullsEye Mushroom (Rhodactis Inchooata)
Tri-Color Mushroom
Yellow Green Starburst Mushroom
Yellow lace rhodactis

does any one have or recommend any of the shroom that i listed?
if not im going to base and choises on how colorful they look...

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
yeah i know...so im going to use it to raise them after they split or get frag i'll be moving it into my 10g then....when its gets crowded...hopefully my parents will get me one of thos 90g at costco...

my neighbor seems to have a 1000g tank :eek: so somewhere down the road i'll ask him if he wants to trade.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Going back to the first post, Rhodactis and Ricordia are not "pretty much the same". In general, Rhodactis require significantly less light than Ricordia to thrive; that is not to say they cannot co-exist, but you will likely find that the Rhodactis will tend to out-compete the Ricordia, and even your Actinodiscus, for space.

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
since my high power LED arent going well...my second attempt before i give up...

how bad is the light requirement for the ricordeas? i love how colorful then are. and if anyone else can tell me about some other colorful corals im all ears.

i'll be either switching to a car Headlight bulb (can go up to 60w) or make use of my 50w MH ballast. (but cant find a high enough kelvin lvl...so i'll be forced to use some blue LEDs)