Tank Update Pics

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Tank is now a year old. I know it's been a while since I posted any tank pics, but here are some....

Right side of my tank

Clowns hosting and the CB showing his face

Mandarin and Cuc

Trumpet, xenia, firefish, and yellow watchman gobie.

Full tank

Acropora, I forget the species

Finally got a tube coral

Kenya tree

Close Brain

What is this?

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
oh yeah i forgot about this beast lol j/k *crazysmil but for real that acro sure does have some nice color..and glad to see the mandrin is still kicking

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
My 2nd attempt to keep SPS is going good. I have 2 of them one was at the LFS not doing so good so I thought I would try to bring it back.

TRe - What are you referring to as the beast?

Does anyone know what the white thing is? Is it a sponge?

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
how is your mandrian and the YWG getting along? do they ever tango? im getting a red scooter and want to get a mandrain also but since they are the same body shape i was having second thoughts, shouldn't there be more coraline on your rocks for being a yr? i like the aquascape its pretty cool..

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Those two fish are getting along great. I never noticed any issues between them. I do see my blenny go after the gobie now and again though. The rocks do have a bit of coraline on them and the glass has even more. I haven't been maintaining good CA levels for the whole year. I only started when I noticed it starting to drop. So hopefully that's what it is.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
have the sun corals opened up for you? they will really add some good color to the tank! i have some in my tank and they are open from 9pm-11am, if they don't open during your view hrs and you want them to just spray some water from your mysis on them everynight/day when you want them to come out for a few days and they should come out on their own after that.. ive never seen a kenya tree look like that before.. are you sure thats what it is? can you list all the fish you have in there please.. thanks

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Yeah, the sun coral opened last night. I heard you can train them to open at a certain time so I might try that. I don't know for sure that's it's a kenya or not. I went to the LFS and they had some small frags for 15 each so I got 3. Do you know what it could be? Colt? I did research on it and it resembled a kenya to me, but I could be wrong.

My fish:
2 Firefish
2 True Percs
CB
Blenny
YWG
Green Mandarin

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
i don't know what it could be, pretty sure its not a kenya tree tho unless there are different kinds b/c that looks nothing at all like any of the ones ive seen lol.. heres a pic of my suncorals..

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Oh yeah, I shortened it by about 4 inches so it's not as big now. It definitely was huge before.

Nice sun coral. Mine didn't open up that much last night. I'm going to try to get a better pic of it tonight.

Does anyone know what that white blob is?