I did something terribly stupid and impulsive.

i bought a mandarin. he's orange.:)

at the store, he apeared to be eating the "mix" of food the people feed. (mysis, garlic flakes, something else that makes it look poo brown???) he was just so colorful:D and only $17 so if it doesnt work out its not like i lost an entire investment. (dont take it like i want it to die or anything)

i have a 30 gallon long tank thats been set up since november, but i had some of the rock for about a year previously, so its pretty established. the tank has been stable, and has had corals since january. (that proves the tank is healthy right?) anyways... im pretty excited.

my camera cord is lost, but fuzz has pics of the mandarin while he was still in the bag that she should be adding sometime.

Jun 23, 2007
it depends... they can be kept in 10 gallons if you get them on frozen food, but you really SHOULD keep one in a large tank (about 75 gallons) because they usually only eat pods and you need to have a lot of areas for the pods to breed and a bigger tank provides more places.
Kool. I guess that makes sense.

pics pics pics pics
Agreed *twirlysmi

I AM AMAZING. i am. really. bow before me... he just ate... counte em... 3... THREE mysis shrimp. from a syrringe (sp?) i was bored and had never fed anything myss before, so i thought id feed my corals, and shrimp (those dirty cannibals!) and a piece went by the mandarin and he looked kindof interesteed, so i got it real close and squirted a couple out and he ate. :D