Im Back!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
well its been nearly a month since the big move into the new house (and was well worth it!) i had a real hard time finding highspeed internet in the new area .. i wasnt reallly expecting it to be this much work but i got alot done... suprisingly the 125g reef hasnt been set back up yet*crazysmil between moving, laying laminate floors, tile, painting new house,painting old house and everything else im just now guna be setting everything back in the next day or 2 *BOUNCINGS..all the corals have been sitting in my old 20g and most the rocks in my old 30g .... alot of money was spent that wasnt expected so the halides are guna have to wait a bit longer..... ive got the all the baffles in place on my 55g for the sump , the 125g has been drilled and the overflows are set, i got about 100 lbs of dry aragonite sand and i saved about 20-30 lbs of the old live sand to seed to dry stuff with.... the only hold up has been laying the tile in the room where the tank will be setup but i got all that done this weekend and im just waiting for the grout to dry *thumbsups

btw i finally found the usb cord for my camera when i moved so ill post some pics of the progress so far a little later

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Welcome back!

Are those glass overflows or acrylic?
glass

Jim_Leyland said:
the pipe in the overflow looks tiny, what size are you using?
it really sux but yea its tiny 3/4" ... when i had the tank drilled i only got a 1" hole drilled *crazysmil oh well at least i had 2 of them drilled and i guess its better than nothing... the next tank will be at least 200g and pre drilled ;)

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ive got a question though with the 55g under the stand of the 125g it doesnt leave very much room if any at all to top off .... so ive been considering differant auto top off options and ive come to realize that a dosing pump would prolly be my cheapest solution.... what are your guys thoughts on the dosing pump?? i can pick one up at big al's for $10 (wich is less than a mile from the new house :D )

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Use a bucket and a float valve. I'm setting one up right now. I was trying to do the gravity top off thing, but I feel it's too unsafe. So I just drilled a bucket with a 1/4" tube coming out of it. Then the float valve goes to the tank.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Use a bucket and a float valve. I'm setting one up right now. I was trying to do the gravity top off thing, but I feel it's too unsafe. So I just drilled a bucket with a 1/4" tube coming out of it. Then the float valve goes to the tank.
problem with the float valve is than u cant really have snails in the fuge (if thats what yur topping off) cause if a snail decides to crawl under it the water wont stop until he decides to move ;)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I use a persaltic pump for my topoff run into a 5g jug of r/o water......works like a dream........I was using kalk in my topoff water but it was playing havoc with the tubing.......