stocking

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
im getting ready to start stocking the 125g reef as soon as i feel the water is ready *BOUNCINGS let me know what you think
naso tang - i kno they get big but i was at big al's yesterday and saw a 3-4" for $23 and couldnt pass it up :p
powder brown ?- im open to suggestions for a differant type
midas blenny
yellow watchman goby'
pair of true percs
sixline wrasse?
neon goby?

now i kno yur guna say thats alot of tangs and naso's get big

Last edited:

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
ive had 2 angels and i really wouldn't recomend them, both were aggressive towards other tank mates, the powder brown is a great fish with lots of personality.. mine will eat out of my hand

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
im not a big fan of angels (but my girl really wants one) on the powder brown i cant decide between that or possibly a powder blue... i guess wich ever will get along best with the naso

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
only reason i said neon goby was cause i read they setup a cleaning staion for the larger fish to come to be cleaned and i thought it sounded cool..... i actualy have had a watchman goby for a while now but havnt really seen it for the past week or 2 so im assuming he died :/

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
the powder brown is a bit hardier then the blue and i believe its a bit less aggressive also, that's why i went with a brown, and another reason is b/c ive never seen another tank w/ browns most people have the blue.. oh yea the brown is about 30-40 bucks cheaper everytime ive seen em in stores

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i actualy have had a watchman goby for a while now but havnt really seen it for the past week or 2 so im assuming he died :/
ok correction i just saw the watchman :D he's alive he's just been hidding under a differant rock than normal so ill add him to the stocking list ;)

jim_leyland said:
the powder brown is a bit hardier then the blue and i believe its a bit less aggressive also, that's why i went with a brown, and another reason is b/c ive never seen another tank w/ browns most people have the blue.. oh yea the brown is about 30-40 bucks cheaper everytime ive seen em in stores
i liked the powderblue first and even though more people have them i still think they look better :p but after reading and realizing the brown was a bit cheaper/hardier i decided to go with that but after picking up the naso for $23 i figured i may splerge the extra $30 i saved :D

Last edited: