Pics of my 125 Reef

azfishgal

Large Fish
Dec 3, 2006
Arizona USA
It's been a long time since I've been on here and I was just starting my tank back in February when I believe I was last on here. A lot has happened since then and my tank is starting to look like a respectable reef. Here are some pics. Enjoy! :D

My husband built the canopy and stand.

Full tank shot with my new MHs on. I have two 250W 14K with Mini-Luminarc Reflectors. (The tank is really not this blue, just the way my camera takes the pics.)

More pics coming........

azfishgal

Large Fish
Dec 3, 2006
Arizona USA
looks great.... keep the pics coming :D

btw how do u like those koralias??
LOVE the Koralias, can't say enough about them. I'm using the #3s and that is plenty of flow. I'm actually out of the medium to low flow areas, so the rest of my coral is going to have to be SPS. What a shame. :p I'm waiting though until I get all my fish in and I can keep it stable for a few months, then I'll tackle the SPS. *thumbsups

azfishgal

Large Fish
Dec 3, 2006
Arizona USA
Thanks everyone for the comps. This is my first saltwater tank and I'm having a blast. Here are some more pics, most are a few months old and without my MHs, but still interesting.

These two are buddies, they are always hanging out together. :p

One of my emerald crabs likes to come up to the glass and say "Hi".

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
Excellent setup/tank AZ, and kudos to your husband for the craftsmanship on the stand and hood. How are you likeing your ASM skimmer, if heard great things about them (is that a G4?.) I may have missed it but what type of lighting are you running?

Looks like you have alot of room in that stand, when you start up with SPS do you plan on adding any other equipment (calcium reactor, kalkwasser, ect.) Just curious as I really love the whole mechanical aspect of marine aquariums.

Your tank is looking great now but when your corals start to grow in and the top half of the tank is filled out with nice growing corals the tank will be spectacular. Look forward to seeing pictures in the future and again very well done!

Last edited:

azfishgal

Large Fish
Dec 3, 2006
Arizona USA
Thanks everyone! I love sharing pics of my tank. I did about four months of research before starting up this bad boy and it's been a long process, but as you can see well worth it. My patience is finally starting to pay off. Here are my stats:

125 gallon Lee-Mar Reef ready overflow tank
DIY stand and canopy
Custom Sump/refuge is 30" long, 15" wide, and 16" deep (I think I have about 20 gal of water:confused: )
2 250W 14K MHs with Mini-Luminarc Reflectors and Icecap ballasts
2 Aqualight T-5 36" Double Lamps 10,000k/Actinic (only on when MHs are not)
ASM G2 Protein Skimmer (LOVE IT)
Mini Aqualight 9" for the refuge
2 Hydor Koralia #3 (850 gph each) Powerheads (LOVE THEM)
Little Giant #4 Return pump
160 lbs of rock (100 lbs lr)
100 lbs of sand (20 lbs ls)

The MHs have only been up for about two weeks, so I'm still acclimating my tank, only on for 3 hours at this point. When I venture into the SPS I will more than likely get a Calcium reactor and I certainly want to add an ATO soon. My stand does give me room to add more if I need to, but at this point I'm just trying to finish stocking it with fish. After my three Anthias go in I'll be adding a Sailfin and Yellow Tang. Each will be in QT for three weeks though, so it will be another three months before I have all my fish in the DT.

Again, thanks for the all compliments. This has been a labor of love and I'm glad you all can enjoy it with me. *thumbsups

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Looks like it came out to be a pretty nice setup. I really like the stand and canopy, very nice touch to the over all look. sorry if I missed it, but are you going to be doing any sps in there with those halides? Love the lyretail anthias too, great fish.

Last edited: