please help, I have been to several sites and had no reply.

Jul 29, 2007
I found a hairline crck in my cascade 300 filter. I donot have any clear silicone sealer. I do have a product called LEAKENDER 2000.is it safe to use on the filter?*twirlysmi

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
I have no direct experience with Leakender 2000, but a quick google gives me very little confidence in it...

There is very little information about available about it, and a lot of complaints about it not working.

In a case like this, depending on the size of the leak, I would just replace the filter. If you really want to keep the filter, I'd get some aquarium safe silicon.

Just my opinion, but I would not trust the leakender 2000.\

~JW

Jul 29, 2007
This Leakender 2000. What chemicals is it composed of?

And for the cascade 300 filter. What kind is it? Canister, HOB? And where is the crack?
external over the back filter.chemicals are as follows:trichlorethylene, aluminum paste, isobutane and propane are the propelants. I have some white silicone caulking i used in the bathroom.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Regular bathroom silicone isn't good for aquarium use because it has anti-mildew/fungus agents in it. For around $3-4 you can pick up a tube of GE silicone I for windows and doors from the hardware store or walmart that is ok to use in aquariums.

Or if the filter isn't that old, I may think about contacting the manufacturer about any warranty.