*Zoanthid coral troubles* Clear, swelling sacs surrounding polyps*

arlong1

Small Fish
Jul 4, 2007
I just purchased a frag of zoanthid corals yesterday and today they are all closed up and each polyp is surrounded by a clear, bubble-like sac that appear to be swelling. I tried a fresh water dip but the sacs are still there. I was wondering if this is just natural for recent zoanthid additions or if there's some problems going on. THank you.

My parameters:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5 ppm
PH 8.1

Last edited:

arlong1

Small Fish
Jul 4, 2007

This is the best picture I can get. The clear-like sac is surrounding the green zoa polyp. I used standard drip acclimation for 1 and a half hours.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Ok so For the pump I dont want to go too high, so i will go with the pump I already have and then see how it does
wrong thread?
to answer arlong1's question to me it just looks like the zoo is closed up .... how did you acclimate?? what are the parameters?? what lighting ect... ive had some that didnt open for a day or 2...if it goes longer id start to worry

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
actually at a closer look there appears to be zoo eating nudibraches :eek: and that would explain everything.. you should remove them immediatly.. you can try a "logul's dip" also you should try to look for the egg strands and try to pick as many of those as you can

read this and this too

Last edited: