Stegastes leucostictus

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
Yesterday i grabbed a big plate coral...and 2 beau gregory damselfish..
yup damsels i know...2 for 5 bucks so..they looked cute and i said why not. Now at home...they sit in my 33g sump, they eat..but they attack my fingers. Feisty little creatures. My question is : Someone know a little bit about those fishies ? Some site refers them as bitchy, other says good for community but i have my doubts. Anyways they're in the sump for a month, but i was wondering if my smaller fishies like green chromis and 6 line wrasse might have a chance of survival...and i don't wanna get all the rocks out to catch 'em.
If they can't fit in...well i'll give 'em away...damn impulse..
250 species of damsels...kinda tricky.
Well if someone knows 'bout the beau greg, please post :)
Ciao

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
ive never kept that paticular type but i have made the damsel mistake a few years back and just got rid of it a few months back when i took the tank apart to move... IMO i wouldnt put it in my reef tank

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
i got the same problems with yellowtail when i begun and removed all the rocks..not a prob with chromis..and my friend keeps like 16 blue damsels in his reef along with zillions of fishies with no probs..
...mhhh...well for now i'll keep em in the sump..feed 'em up 'cause they are kinda skinny ( tnx LFS ) then i might give them away when they're healthier

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I'm with Tre on getting rid of the damsels. I also have two Korallia 4's in my 75 and if any complaints it is due to too much flow.......otherwise I love them