sw pics in gallery

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i had a few pics in my gallery and i noticed my pics all the time at the top of the site each time the page loads :D well needless to say there seems to be a shortage in sw pics so i just added a bunch and i think if everyone does the same we can get some pretty cool sw pics between all of us *thumbsups

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
i dont have the black sand any more that was actually my old 55g reef ... i had way to many tanks and just recently down sized to just one tank...i had a 125,55,30,20,10 and everything either went into my 125g or got traded in to exotic for a store credit....i loved the black sand though

Last edited:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Camera battery was dead. I did try to take some yesterday. It has to be taken at a specific time so I don't get horrible reflections ...... any excuse. I will try tonite.... :)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
No there is a window across the room that reflects on the face of the fish tank and the pics show the outside on the front.....It needs to be dark outside.......but my light cycle doesn't allow it right now. We shall see.....

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
doesn't the ambient room light add to your light cycle then ie. more than 12 hours of light? I have my actinics come on at 6 a.m. and the m/h at 9:30 a.m. then off at 6:30p.m. and the actinics off at 7:30 so far so good......

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
well the tank definitly gets some indirect sun light but its hasnt appeared to be a problem.... i dont get home from work till after 5 and my lighting schedule is 2pm/10pm

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
that sounds fine...what lighting do u have again exactly?? some people use a seperate timer to keep the fans on an extra hour or how ever long it takes to cool the tank down... if heat isnt an issue id just hook the fan up to the same timer

di0nysus

Large Fish
Sep 9, 2007
sunnyside of california
i have a pc 30" dual satelite. i know i said "mh" and im pretty sure that means metal halides but i didnt know wich abbreviation to put in so i just said F it. i didnt think anyone was actually going to ask what kinda light i had so thanx TRE.. haha j/k but yea... do you know wich light it is i have? any bad specs on it?